Monday, June 6, 2016

Implementation Evaluation Control

"Marketing implementation is the process that turns marketing plans into marketing actions in order to accomplish strategic marketing objectives. Whereas marketing planning addresses the what and why of marketing activities, implementation addresses the who, where, when, and how." Marketing: An Introduction by Armstrong/Kotler, page 57. What would happen if I really did this? Would people buy it ? Implementation is to actually carry out the plan. "For effective implementation and control, the marketing plan should define how progress toward objectives will be measured." Marketing: An Introduction by Armstrong/Kotler, page MP2. If I really created this snack, I believe people really would buy it. There is always plenty of room on shelves for different brands and flavors of packaged potato chips. My snack is marketed towards bars in Ireland. In Ireland, bars are always full. There might be married guys at the bar, hanging out with friends watching sports eating snacks and drinking. There also may be guys who are single at the bar wanting to have a snack and a drink. This guy might buy my snack and possibly share it with a possible new female friend. The flavor I chose is cheese, sour crème and chives, so couples can feel comfortable eating my snack because it won't make their breath smell as bad as the very popular garlic and onion flavors in Ireland. Also the potato chip/farl is the most popular bar snack in Ireland. There are more than a few brands that will be my snack competition, but none with my chosen flavor. Potatoes is the number one source of food in Ireland, so the customer would be very comfortable with my snack. Eating my snack will be just like eating a loaded baked potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment