Monday, May 23, 2016

Pitch

COUNTRY: IRELAND PRODUCT: PACKAGED POTATO FARLS COMPANY: FARLS O' BEYONT FLAVOR: CHEESE,SOUR CREAM, & CHIVE PACKAGED POTATO FARLS IRISH FARLS ORIGINAL RECIPE: 4 POTATOES PEELED AND HALVED, 1 PINCH OF SALT, 1/4 CUP OF ALL PURPOSE FLOUR, AND 1 TABLESPOON OF MELTED BUTTER The Irish is famous for their potatoes. Potatoes is actually the number 1 source of food for the Irish. One famous Irish potato dish is the Potato Farl. The potato farl dish (for a family serving)consist of 4 potatoes peeled and halved, 1 pinch of salt, 1/4 cup of all purpose flour, and 1 table spoon of melted butter. Being that the potato farl is popular in home, I decided to make my non - perishable bar food item something that my target audience is already comfortable with; potatoes, but packaged. My target audience is specifically an Irish bar hoping man, so my company name includes an Irish lingo word. My company's name is Farls O' Beyont. "Beyont is an all encompassing word for any place that isn't the place you're in at the moment. It can refer to the other end of the room, or to the other side of the world." Potato farls is something that you usually need to cook at home or buy hot, and that's what makes my company so special because it's farls "in the now". Cheese and onion is a big trend for snacks in Ireland. In America, we call potato chips, "chips", but in Ireland, "chips" are actually fries or packaged fries and potato chips are called "Taytos". Potato chips "tatytos" and "fries" are the most popular non - perishable snack. Just like America, they have a variety of those snacks to choose from. Those chips/taytos are cooked the same as Lays chips, but my chips/taytos are going to be thicker and fluffier to stand out to be more fulfilling to the appetite, and to be thought of as more gourmet style. My competitors will be first the Brand "Tayto" with seems to be as big in Ireland as Frito Lays is big in America. They have several different flavors to choose from like cheese and onion, salt and vinegar and prawn cocktail. There are also other brands like Keogh's and Jackson Honest who also carry the flavor cheese % onion and sea salt. Besides the actual potato chips, my other competitors will be the "chip" fries companies. Smith's Scampi Fries, Boulder Canyon, Snikkidy Baked Fries, and Andy Capp's Fries are the top companies. These companies all have been around for a long time and have earned the top spots as Ireland's favorite snacks. It will be hard for my company to compete with that. All these brand are averaging in price around $3.29 - $5.00. I will price my chips/taytos at $5.00 because they are gourmet, however, I don't want to price too much higher then the leading brands. My product will be made in Ireland because they are rich in potatoes and it is something that they specialize in. My taytos have the same foundation of flavor as the others, cheese. But my taytos will also have sour cream and chives, which go great on top of a baked potato. My customer, the average Irish man who frequents the bars. He may not have a wife who cooks for him so he will want something tasty and satisfying to his big appetite to hold him over with the liquor he consumes. On the other hand, he may have a wife, but probably doesn't want to go home for various reasons, but he's indeed hungry. I think my thick, yet fluffy, Ireland flavored taytos will do the trick. http://www.irishcentral.com/culture/travel/35-irish-sayings-and-phrases-you-need-to-learn-before-you-visit-221197271-237785021.html http://allrecipes.com/recipe/100506/irish-potato-farls/

No comments:

Post a Comment