Monday, May 2, 2016

week 3 eoc my demographics

Monday, April 18, 2016 My Demographics Millennials: The 83 million children of the baby boomers Millennials (also called Generation Y or the echo boomers). Born between 1977 and 2000, these children of the baby boomers number 83 million, dwarfing the Gen Xers and larger even than the baby boomer segment. This group includes several age cohorts: tweens (aged 9–12), teens (13–18), and young adults (19–32). With total purchasing power of more than $733 billion, the Millennials make up a huge and attractive market. “All generations are comfortable with technology, but this is the generation that’s been formed by technology,” says a Yahoo! executive. For them, “it’s not something separate. It’s just something they do.” This is definitely a true statement. I literally can not live without my phone! Neither can any of my peers. I love taking pictures all day with my amazing HTC phone camera, I love keeping in contact with friends from home on social media and I love talking and texting. I keep memorabilia and important things that i need to remember on a everyday basis locked in my phone and laptop. If i don't have my phone, I get uncomfortable and feel like I'm missing a big part of... life! Two weeks ago I was on a trip with friends, and while we were in the hotel elevator this guy (definitely a baby boomer) said to us "Do you guys actually interact?". He said this to us because we were all looking down at our phones reviewing the pictures we had just took, trying to figure out which ones were good enough to post to social media. We are glued to our phones 24/7, however,we are multitasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment